If you’ve been in a retail store in the last couple of weeks, you probably noticed Fall and Halloween decor have hit the shelves. Did you know there are only 69 more days until Halloween? I know, it sounds like that is so far away. But, it really isn’t. Just think about how quickly 2021 has flown by already.
And since it’s Monday and I thought we could all do with a treat today, today’s project is a small 3×3″ treat holder. It holds candy, but it could also hold a gift card or some cash for your little Boo.
This is a perfect project if you are still making bulk treats to pass out to your kid’s classmates, coworkers, or friends. Our 3×3″ envelopes are $10 for 40 envelopes, which is $.25 per treat holder. That’s a steal for homemade treat holders.
These are super easy to make.
- Cut the top flap off the envelope so you have a pouch.
- Stamp “treat yourself” towards the right side of the bottom of the pouch
- Wrap a piece of card stock around the outside of the envelope. Make sure your seam is on the front side of the pouch so you can hide it. My card stock strip is 1.75×7″. Then glue it in place.
- Cut a piece of pattern paper 1.5×3″ for the front of the pouch and glue it down centered on the card stock.
- On the left side, wrap the ribbon around the card stock band and double knot it.
- Stamp your ghost, punch out, and glue down using pop dots.
- Add thee of the self-adhesive rhinestones to the pouch.
- Tuck candy into pouch.
- Pass out to all your friends!
I know it’s a bit early to share Halloween goodies, but I wanted to give you a chance to get these products ordered early so you have plenty of time to procrastinate making them and still scramble at the last minute to get them made. Ha! I can’t possibly be the only one who does this. Am I right?