As we get closer to the end of the current Catalog (just one more month), I find myself trying to use those products that are retiring that didn’t get enough love this year. The Tea Room Suite is definitely one of those products. I think I’ve had these stamps and paper for months now and they just never made it onto my desk until now.
Both the Time For Tea stamp set and Spot of Tea framelits are retiring in June. This bundle is perfect for lots of different cards. Cards for Mother’s Day, Grandma’s, girlfriends, friends who love tea, teacher’s gifts, and more. My favorite sentiment in the set is the “You Fill My Cup with Happiness”. Just think about your family and friends, and you’ll know exactly what this sentiment means. If you’re smiling, then they fill your cup as well.
I used my Blends to color the tea cup. The Colors I used are Petal Pink Light and Rich Razzleberry Light. A couple tips when using two very different colors…
- Start with a light wash across the object in the lighter color first. Don’t worry about even coverage. You mostly just want to dampen the paper with ink at this point.
- Add the darker color very sparingly. Use a very light touch when adding in this color. Stick with the suggested highlight areas in the stamp itself (those are all the little lines around the cup and saucer).
- You can either use your Color Lifter to tone down the Rich Razzleberry by coloring directly over the top of it with the Color Lifter.
- Or you can blend it out using the Petal Pink Light again. At this point, I’m adding in lots of the Petal Pink directly over the top of the Rich Razzleberry, covering it entirely. I focused on the edges of the Rich Razzleberry to smooth out the transition from the darker color to the light color. This is the step where you’ll make sure you have even coverage all over the entire cup.
- As you can see here, the two colors won’t actually “blend” to create one even color. Instead your softening that stark highlight color.
One of the prettiest papers in the current Annual Catalog is the Tea Room specialty paper. There are so many pretty floral images in the package, but this one is my favorite. These patterns pair so well with the Rich Razzleberry velvet ribbon, which is also retiring.
If you need the Tea Room Suite, add it to your cart now. You can click on the Order Online button on the right and it will take you directly to my shop. You can see below all the products I used to make this card. These products will be available only while supplies last as we transition to the new Catalog.
May’s Paper Pumpkin kit was specially designed by Stampin Up’s founder Shelli Gardner. The kit includes an exclusive photopolymer stamp set, paper and crafting materials to create 12 cards (3 cards of 4 unique designs), 12 exclusive, coordinating envelopes, and a Classic Stampin’ Spot. Coordinating colors for this kit are Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.
Since our Paper Pumpkin kits have been so popular, Stampin Up is trying a brand new kind of kit. The Everything Is Rosy kit will be available for the month of May (or while supplies last). This is a fun new collection of products that all coordinate together – stamps, dies, paper, ribbon, and embellishments. There are no instructions in the kit so you are limited only by your imagination.
New stamp pads means new storage! Check out our brand new Storage line. This product line is expected to be very popular and may sell out quickly. But don’t worry, our new Storage will be available through the next Catalog period so you’ll have the opportunity to get it later if you miss out on this first round.
5/20, Monday, 7:00-9:00 pm Card Class $25.00 (Classic Garage Suite). Make two cards and a 3D box using the fun new Classic Garage products in the Occasions Catalog. Deadline to RSVP with payment: 5/18/19.
6/1, Saturday, 2:30-5:00 pm New Annual Catalog Open House $10. Come check out the new Annual Catalog and new In Colors for 2019. Make one project and take home your Annual Catalog with you. Deadline to RSVP with payment: 5/30/19.