I was recently talking about our Memories and More scrapbooking line with a friend. She mentioned that she liked the idea of the pocket pages that make scrapbooking so much quicker, but she was not in love with the plain 6×8 albums. Her words… “who wants a plain brown book?”.
And I totally agree! Nobody wants a plain, boring book. That’s for sure. Then I explained to her how I decorate my covers. I’m glad the albums are plain so I can make it whatever I want. I can ink it, paint it, or just cover it. It can be as simple or as fancy as I want. Here is my latest Memories and More album…and it’s definitely a fancy cover.
Here’s how I made this album…
- Using Petal Pink ink and a sponge, ink along the outside edges, both inside and outside the album. I inked the entire binding on the side, but did not ink the center area of the front and back covers which were going to be covered.
- I measured and cut Petal Pink card stock to be just slightly small than the album cover itself.
- The striped pattern paper is 1/4th” smaller than the card stock on all four sides. It is glued down using our foam adhesive strips around all four sides and a couple pieces across the center to add a little more support.
- The next layer with the Mossy Meadow card stock is 3/4th” smaller on all four sides than the striped pattern paper. This layer is also glued down using the foam adhesive strips.
- The next layer of the pattern paper is 1/8th” smaller than the Mossy Meadow card stock. This layer is glued directly to the Mossy Meadow with Tear & Tape adhesive.
- The magnolia flower inside the globe is glued down in the center. The pearls and silver glass glitter are loose inside the globe. Both the pearls and glass glitter are older Stampin Up products that I’ve been saving for just the right project.
- The entire 4″ globe is glued to the front of the album using a hot glue gun. Then the ribbon is glued around the outside of the globe to give it a nice finished look. This Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon is absolutely gorgeous and it ties so lovely.
- I added a couple smaller magnolias next to the bow on the outside of the globe.
Just gorgeous! I love the way the pattern papers are coordinate so well. I don’t usually mix and match this many different ones all in one project, but they all work together so well. You can see in the picture above, the spine on the album is not the plain brown color. I inked the entire spine so it would match the album cover.
I can’t wait to fill this album with pictures and the matching Magnolia Lane Memories & More cards. The Magnolia Lane Suite is coming soon in the new Catalog which starts on June 4th.
Today is the last day to get the Everything Is Rosy Kit. This is a fun new collection of products that all coordinate together – stamps, dies, paper, ribbon, and embellishments. There are no instructions in the kit so you are limited only by your imagination.
Here’s a sneak peak of June’s Paper Pumpkin kit, deadline to sign up for June’s kit is June 10th. The June kit makes it easy for you to scatter sunshine this summer—whenever, with whomever. Not only do we give you 16 fun-sized, beach-themed cards and envelopes, but we also provide you with an exclusive carrying case so you’ll always have your cards on hand to share wherever you go. And don’t forget the exclusive stamp set and ink spot that completes every Paper Pumpkin kit! Coordinating colors: Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, and Old Olive.
Check out our brand new Storage line! These products have been so popular that they sold very quickly. The Storage products will be back in stock in just a few weeks.