When the kids were little, they would sometimes need Holiday treats to pass out at school. Our elementary school had a rule that all treats had to be individually packaged and store bought – nothing homemade and bagged by us (for allergy purposes). I always liked to dress up the treats. I never wanted to just pass out a bag of candy.
Today’s treat holder uses the Making Spirits Bright bundle (stamp set and coordinating punch). I love my dies, but I really love my punches. Punches are so much quicker for crafting. Just grab it off the shelf and you’re ready to go. No having to get the big shot out and look for the right cutting plates.
The Making Spirits Bright stamp set has these adorable holiday lights that you can string across the front of your project. This project as is might be a little more labor intensive if you’re having your child help you make these. Instead, I would recommend stamping the light bulbs right on your paper and not punching out all the different little pieces.
Here is how to make this treat holder…
- Start with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that’s 2 x 5.5″. This is sized to fit a mini Ghiradelli square.
- Using the Tag Topper Punch, punch both ends of the piece of card stock.
- Then score each end of the tag at 2 5/8th”.
- Using one glue dot, glue the piece of candy into the treat holder.
- Fold the treat holder closed, tie with twine at the top to keep closed.
- Decorate front as desired.
Oh my goodness! Guess what’s coming!! It’s a tote bag for your Stamparatus. And it is beautiful. There is plenty of pockets inside to hold your Stamparatus, some extra plates, and your grid paper. You are going to love this tote bag. This bag will be available starting 12/5 and it’s $29 (item #149695). If you’ve been waiting to purchase the Stamparatus until the tote was available, you can buy both as a bundle for $78 (item #151961).