Today’s Five Minute Friday project is something I made a couple weeks ago, but haven’t had a chance to share it here yet. Mason jars and mason jar crafts are so popular right now so it’s no surprise Stampin Up released a great Holiday mason jar stamp set.
Today’s project uses the new Jar of Haunts stamp set and the coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits. The images in the stamp set are frighteningly good. And my favorite is the floating eyeballs. Since it’s a photopolymer stamp set, it is so easy to get the floating eyeballs lined up just right with the jar.
This tag is pretty quick to assemble. The doilie is folded and ruffled and glued down behind the jar. The watercoloring is just a quick light wash in Pool Party for the water and Chocolate Chip for the eyes.
Here is the finished project: a jar of eyeballs. Don’t worry, they are chocolate, not real eyeballs. A whole jar of real eyeballs is hard to come by.
Originally I was going to use a mason jar for the candy, but I came across this beaker at a craft store and new it would be the better choice to go with the Halloween decor. There is still time to make your own Halloween decor but don’t wait until the last minute.
Speaking of not waiting to the last minute…don’t miss out on this month’s special. This is the perfect time to stock up on your favorite pattern papers.
• Promotion period: October 1–31, 2016
• There is no limit to how many times participants can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free during this promotion.
• Specialty Designer Series Paper and Designer Series Paper Stacks do not qualify for this promotion and cannot be redeemed through this offer.
• Designer Series Paper purchased with Stampin’ Rewards or the Stampin’ Rewards 50%-off perk does not qualify for this promotion.
• Designer Series Paper purchased as part of a Starter Kit does not qualify for this promotion.
And that’s not all…
Only a few more days to take advantage of the Paper Pumpkin BOGO special. It ends Monday, October 10th. You pay for the first month and the second month is free when you sign up for an ongoing subscription. If you sign up now, your first kit will be October’s, and you will get November free. Just click the link on the left and it will take you to my Paper Pumpkin website to register for your subscription.